emacsclient unable to handle cedille ç

From: edu500ac
Subject: emacsclient unable to handle cedille ç
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 17:43:18 -0800 (PST)

I noticed that emacsclient is unable to handle ç (cedille, cedilla, cédille).
If I try to type a word with ç (cedille), emacsclient issues a hyphen on the
next line. The problem does not happens with emacs itself.

I am not sure whether this is a configuration problem, or a bug in emacsclient.
If it is a bug, I would like to report it (and hope it will be fixed). Is there
a bug report site for emacsclient? If it is a configuration problem, please let
me know how to configure emacsclient to accept cedille.

For the time being, I defined a key in .emacs to insert cedilled in the text.
Here is my definition:

(defun cedil()
   (interactive)
   (insert "ç"))

(global-set-key (kbd "M-n") 'cedil)

That definition work, which means that the problem lies in the key itself, not
in the character used. I wonder whether the problem happens also in French
keyboard layouts.