Re: emacsclient unable to handle cedille ç

From: edu500ac
Subject: Re: emacsclient unable to handle cedille ç
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 09:45:46 -0800 (PST)

It seems that the problem lies in the use of the daemon. If I run emacs with
the --iconic option, everything works perfectly well:

emacs --eval "(server-start)" --iconic --quiet &

Now I can run an emacsclient and it works perfectly well (slightly slower than
vim, though).

#!/bin/bash
emacsclient -q -t "$@"
#Put this file in  /usr/bin/ed
#You will need sudo for that

I don't like this solution very much, because the icon stays hanging somewhere
on the Desktop. I would be pleased if somebody could tell me how to make the
daemon work.