Re: Show who is requiring

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Show who is requiring
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 17:13:31 +0100

Hello Stefan and all,

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>>> IIUC you want load-file-name.
>>
>> How does this report the names of files that require another package?
>
> IIUC he has put an advice on `require', so in this advice, `load-file-name'
> should contain the name of the code that's calling the `require'.

>From your description, that's exactly what I'm after. I'll test and report.

My ultimate goal is to generate a Dotty graph of "who required who" among the
different packages I'm directly, or indirectly, requiring.

So, I need to output relations such as:

  a.el -> b.el
  b.el -> c.el
  b.el -> d.el

Thanks to Drew and to Thien-Thi to point me to `load-history' as well... Quite
complex to read, and not exactly the same, but clearly useful.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban