Re: Invalid tags table

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: Invalid tags table
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 00:01:59 +0100

>> > 2. `M-x debug-on-entry visit-tags-table-buffer'
>>
>> I tried this first, since I have quite a lot of customisation files.
>>
>> That was a great tip, I wasn't even aware of this option, and
>> it helped me to figure out...  Now it works. Thanks a lot.
>
> You're welcome, and I'm glad it was so easy.
>
> In general, however, I recommend the other option I mentioned: bisect
> your init file - regardless of how big your init file is or how much
> it loads.

The problem was that I actually looked at the right spot in my custom.el
file before - but could not see the mistake (/.../mylisp/.../ vs.
/.../myLisp/.../ in a long directory name).

So single stepping in the debugger was just the right thing to do, since
it showed me that there must be something wrong with the filename, not
the file format.

Thanks again.

--
cheers,