Re: Printer problems

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Printer problems
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 01:05:31 +0100

Am 01.12.2012 um 15:25 schrieb Michel Chassey:

> as the subject says, I can't get my  "Photosmart-C4400-series is ready"
> to respond to any printer command.

Which is your printer command?

Can you use instead of a ps-print-* command the matching ps-spool-* command?
The latter will produce a buffer *PostScript*. You can save that buffer's
contents to a file. Can you view the file in a PostScript viewer? Can you
convert it to PDF and display the PDF file? Finally: can you manually print the
PS or PDF file? Which utilities did you use to display and convert?

Are the variables printer-name (for ASCII) or ps-printer-name (for PS/PDF) set
in GNU Emacs? How is printing working when you launch (another) GNU Emacs with
-Q, i.e., without any customisation (except that by debian/ubuntu)?

Another option is stop the printing system. Then everything you send to the
printer is just spooled into a queue, in /var/spool/cups or such. You then can
examine what was sent to the printer.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

One-Shot Case Study, n.:
        The scientific equivalent of the four-leaf clover, from which it is
concluded all clovers possess four leaves and are sometimes green.