Re: Macro aborts even though regexp instance exists - Serious Bug

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: Macro aborts even though regexp instance exists - Serious Bug
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:22:06 -0500

Doug Lewan <dougl@shubertticketing.com> writes:

> [...]

Yes. tried it.  Even adjusting the colors, I find it too jarring.
A low volume tapping sound fills the bill for me.

I miss the XEmacs feature which had sounds for each error type:

(setq sound-alist
      (append
       '((default         :sound hammer)
         (undefined-key   :sound drum)
         (undefined-click :sound drum)
         (command-error   :sound bass)
         (no-completion   :sound drip)
         (y-or-n-p        :sound slap)
         (yes-or-no-p     :sound yeep)
         (isearch-failed  :sound drum :volume 70)
         (isearch-quit    :sound yeep)
         (auto-save-error :sound whip :volume 75))
       sound-alist)))

--
Dan Espen