Re: modeline colors in emacs 24.2.1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: modeline colors in emacs 24.2.1
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:24:08 +0200

> From: Ken Goldman <kgoldman@us.ibm.com>
> Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 10:24:15 -0500
>
> Yes, that was it.  When I view it locally, the mode line colors are
> correct.  When I use Remote Desktop Connection, they are reversed.

Ah, that.  Remote Desktop connections lie to Emacs about the number of
colors that are available, so I think this is the reason.

What does x-display-color-cells return on that remote desktop?

> The local machine is XP.  The remote machines are XP/emacs 22 and
> Win7/emacs 24.
>
> Is this a bug that should be reported?  Is there a work around?

It would be best if you debug the problem, as none of the Emacs
maintainers seem to have access to such configuration to debug it.

You may wish to try the latest pretest of Emacs 24.3, I think
something was done in that area lately.