Re: Newlines in file names

From: Whitfield Diffie
Subject: Re: Newlines in file names
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 07:19:16 -0800

> What version of emacs are you using?

    22.1.2.  I apologize for not including that; it hit me that I
hadn't just after I had sent the message.

> I don't have such problems in version 24, but I do remember dired using a
> regular expression that wouldn't match such uncommon names in earlier
> versions.

    I think you mean a string used in a dired-string-replace-match in
dired-get-filename to remove quotes that come in from ls.  That filter
solves some bad filenames bit I didn't succeed in diddling it to solve
the newline problem.

                                                     Whit