Emacs keyboard

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Emacs keyboard
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:07:59 -0600

Hey Emacsers:

Does any of you know of a keyboard still in production that has
dedicated keys for both alt and meta keys? (two of each, one right and
one left). If such a thing were to exist could Emacs use all of the mod
keys (shift, ctl, meta, super, hyper, alt)? The os could sense all of
these depressed at once but it's pretty difficult to accomplish
ergonomically. Four of these (two on each side) could be latched (made
sticky in hardware) and then be unlatched by being pressed again or
combined with an alpha key in a succeeding keychord. For example, after
C-h k and then pressing a bunch of mod keys I get:

C-H-M-S-s-a is undefined

I think this is the limit on usb keyboards (6 key rollover). Would Emacs
sense and allow binding to the A-C-H-M-S-s-a keychord if the hardware
allowed it? (ps2).

Thanks,

Ed