Re: webdav via tramp failures and error

From: ken
Subject: Re: webdav via tramp failures and error
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:48:53 -0500

On 12/16/2012 02:06 PM Michael Albinus wrote:
ken<gebser@mousecar.com>  writes:

Michael,

Hi Ken,

Both the local and remote machines are running RH/Centos 5.8.

Where would I discover the gvfs version being used?

# yum list | grep -i gvfs

It doesn't look like there's anything available for 5.8, either in the official repositories or in the half dozen other repositories I'm subscribed to. (This is one major reason my next OSs are coming from somewhere else.)

Compiling from sources is no problem. I just found <http://ftp.gnome.org/mirror/gnome.org/sources/gvfs/0.99/>. What's the lowest version number of gvfs that I can use? (The higher the version level of an app, the more likely it is it'll require libraries not already installed, leading to dependency failures and that to an unending chain of required upgrades to satisfy all the additional dependencies... ad nauseum.)

Thanks,
ken

Best regards, Michael.

Thanks again.