Re: read-from-minibuffer & match data

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: read-from-minibuffer & match data
Date: 19 Dec 2012 20:43:26 GMT

Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article
> <slrnkd3ck6.m2k.joostkremers@j.kremers4.news.arnhem.chello.nl>,
>  Joost Kremers <joostkremers@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Still, I'll notify the developer of autopair, so he can decide for
>> himself if he should do something about it.
>
> Why should he do something? If he needs to use string-match in his
> implementation, what's wrong with that?

I'm not saying he should, that's up to him to decide. I'm not
knowledgeable enough to have an opinion on the matter.

But on the face of it, autopair has nothing to do with
read-from-minibuffer, so that makes me wonder whether similar unexpected
interactions could happen with other parts of Emacs. The maintainer of
autopair is much better able to decide that than I am.

--
Joost Kremers                                  joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)