RE: About `current-directory-list'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: About `current-directory-list'
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:25:58 -0800

> The varlist of the `let' special form is:
> (el-files-list
>  (current-directory-list
>   (directory-files-and-attributes directory t)))
>
> I don't know what does `current-directory-list' means, in my
> Emacs(24.2), there isn't a function named
> `current-directory-list'.  Can anybody help?

It is a local variable bound in that `let'.  You show two bindings:

1. `el-files-list' is bound to nil (implicitly).
2. `current-directory-list' is bound to (directory-files-and...).

I, for one, prefer to write any implicit bindings last, after the explicit ones:

(let ((current-directory-list  (directory-files-...))
      el-files-list)

I think that is more readable.  And if I want to draw attention to an initial
value of nil then I use an explicit binding.  And if it is a list variable then
I use (); if a Boolean or other I use nil.  E.g.:

(let ((el-files-list  ())
      (found          nil))