get to the first file like in real dired

From: jidanni
Subject: get to the first file like in real dired
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 07:17:11 +0800

This just gets me to the top of the buffer.
(defadvice dired-revert (after beginning-of-buffer activate)
  "Move to beginning of buffer (instead of keeping point on the current file)."
  (goto-char (point-min)))
How do I make it get me to the first line like in real dired?
dired.el is too complicated to read for me.

Too bad the emacs maintainers don't allow an option so I wouldn't need
this workaround.