Re: Ruby and RubyOn Rails setup - Cannot enable indentation and snippets

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Ruby and RubyOn Rails setup - Cannot enable indentation and snippets
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 18:23:28 +0400

Sayth Renshaw <flebber.crue@gmail.com> writes:
> Major-mode
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable MAJOR-MODE)
>   eval(MAJOR-MODE nil)
>   eval-expression(MAJOR-MODE nil)
>   call-interactively(eval-expression nil nil)

Why is it in caps? Are you trying to evaluate "MAJOR-MODE"?

> indent-line-function
> ruby-indent-line

...?

> (find-library-name "ruby-mode")

...?

> inf-ruby-proc: No current process. See variable inf-ruby-buffer

Is this you trying to make Robe completion work? Because it does not
look related to the expressions I asked you to evaluate.

> At this point I have emacs and emacs-starter-kit installed along with
> starter-kit-ruby and starter-kit-lisp

Try uninstalling starter-kit-ruby. Last time I checked, it had problems,
and the author isn't in any hurry to update it.