emacs24 X primary selection changes

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: emacs24 X primary selection changes
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:31:43 -0700

I don't always use emacs in an X11 graphics window but when I do I
often use it with X cut buffers.  I can cut a large amount of text
accurately inside of emacs.  Much easier than mousing over it.

The emacs 24 NEWS says:

  *** Support for X cut buffers has been removed.

And it is definitely gone.  I can no longer cut and paste to or from
emacs in X mode from the X cut and paste buffer.  I don't know why it
was removed but it is a feature that I dearly miss now that it is
gone.

Is there any way in the current emacs to cut and paste from the
keyboard?  I know it still supports it because it works with the
mouse just not the keyboard.

I guess I will need to write some type of local function around
'xclip' in order to regain that functionality.  Sigh.

Thanks,
Bob