Mouse cut moves point

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Mouse cut moves point
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 15:43:46 -0700

In emacs running as a graphics window the act of cutting text moves
the point.  Typing in text and then using the mouse to cut and paste
means also needing to tediously move the point back to where I was
typing (before the cut action) so that I can paste it.

Is there a way to configure emacs under X so that cutting text with a
mouse drag does not move the point?

This is something that has always been this way.  It has not ever
changed as far as I know.  But it has always been inconvenient.  I had
such excellent luck with my last question that I decided it was time
to ask this related question too. :-)

Thanks,
Bob