Re: Ruby and RubyOn Rails setup - Cannot enable indentation and snippets

From: Sayth Renshaw
Subject: Re: Ruby and RubyOn Rails setup - Cannot enable indentation and snippets
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 08:07:06 +1100

On Sunday, January 6, 2013, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
On 05.01.2013 16:53, Sayth Renshaw wrote:
    I don't understand why (find-library-name "ruby-mode") still signals
    error, but hopefully after you uninstall ruby-mode from Marmalade
    the problem goes away, so we won't have to dig deeper.

After uninstalling ruby-mode the problem still exists

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function find-library-name)
   (find-library-name "ruby-mode")
   eval((find-library-name "ruby-mode") nil)
   eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
   eval-last-sexp(nil)
   call-interactively(eval-last-sexp t nil)
   execute-extended-command(nil)
   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)

This error says is can't find the function find-library-name, which should be fixed with (require 'find-func).

But we're trying to solve the problem with indentation, not this.

> So I installed ruby-mode from melpa and it now works. I installed robe and ruby-electric all seems to work.

Well, that's good. But are you saying that stuff didn't work before you installed it?

The Fedora emacs-common package has a byte-compiled ruby-mode included:

http://pkgs.org/fedora-rawhide/fedora-i386/emacs-common-24.2-7.fc19.i686.rpm.html

(Which is, I guess, the reason we couldn't find the library, uncompiled sources are in separate package: http://pkgs.org/fedora-rawhide/fedora-i386/emacs-el-24.2-7.fc19.noarch.rpm.html)

I guess the ruby-mode from Melpa is good enough for now, but please don't forget to uninstall it when Emacs 24.3 comes out.

Ok

Thanks for your patient help.

Sayth