Re: Accessing services shortcuts from Emacs on OSX

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: Accessing services shortcuts from Emacs on OSX
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 06:50:34 -0500

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:15 AM, hemant <gethemant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Service shortcuts from Emacs do not work and I think reason is, Emacs
> gobbles up all the shortcuts itself.
>
> For example, I use a program called "Dash" for looking documentation of
> things and I have "Command-Shift-open square bracket" bound to the service
> called, "Look up in Dash".
>
> But when invoked from Emacs it handles the shortcut itself and throws "s-{"
> undefined.
>
> Any idea how to make this work?

`M-x customize-group RET ns RET` and try to set up one of the right
command or option modifiers as a `super` key. Those get passed down to
the OS when they have no corresponding binding within Emacs IRRC.

If that doesn't work, they also seem to claim that if they're set to
nothing at all, they aren't interpreted by Emacs either, so you could
try that.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.