Re: messages buffer history

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: messages buffer history
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:55:34 +0800

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM, drain <aeuster@gmail.com> wrote:
>> List of directory returned is in reverse chronological order.
>
> How would I insert the returned list into a buffer?

I think it's time to crack open that Elisp tutorial you're talking about:

(defun session-dirs ()
  "return list of directories visited in session"
  (delete-dups
   (mapcar (lambda (f)
             (file-name-directory f))
           file-name-history)))

(defun display-session-dirs ()
  "show list of session dirs in a buffer"
  (interactive)
  (pop-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "*session dirs*"))
  (erase-buffer)
  (insert (mapconcat 'identity (session-dirs) "\n")))

--
Le