Re: Using the same custom file in two different OSes

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Using the same custom file in two different OSes
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:42:42 +0100

>> Thanks, that would be one possible solution, but as I said in the
>> initial post, I don't want to have redundancy (i.e. several custom
>> files), because I want to be able to tweak some customization in one
>> machine/OS and have the resulting customization automatically applied
>> to the other machine/OS.
>
>   FWIW, I do this, not for Custom only but for my whole account
>   configuration with Git. I have the trunk set for general Unix state
>   and an osx branch with some Mac specific modifications /
>   additions. Having "the resulting customization automatically applied
>   to the other machine/OS" then boils down to merging.

Thanks, that's another possibility, indeed.

The downside I see is that it requires another tool (git or another DVCS).

Currently, I can work with single init and custom files, and share
them between machines/OSes via Dropbox.  For now that mechanism is
simple and works for me.

Thanks for the advice.

--
Dani Moncayo