Re: emacs metadata editor for (mostly) scientific pdf's

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: emacs metadata editor for (mostly) scientific pdf's
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:46:34 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnuvola.org> writes:

> () Martin Rubey <axiomize@yahoo.de>
> () Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:22:42 +0100
>
>    Well, the main point is being able to edit at least Author, Title,
>    Year easily.  (Because pdfmeat makes mistakes)
>
> Do these papers have online authoritative metadata (akin to PUBMED for
> the biological sciences)?  It strikes me as backwards to have to mine
> metadata out of the PDF itself.

Well, sometimes... I often get articles from the arxiv, which do not
have metadata, but the contents coincides with the "published" version,
so I can then use the metadata from mathscinet even if my library does
not have access.

However, I just found zotero + zotfile, which is a firefox plugin and
does what I need.  Although I love emacs, it's probably better to stick
to something which is well-maintained.

Best,

Martin