Re: About Emacs updating

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: About Emacs updating
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:56:23 +0800

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:21:49 +0100
Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> > I want to update my Emacs, do I have to `make uninstall' the old version
> > before building and installing the new version?
>
> No.
Thanks for you reply.

Does that mean:
1. PREFIXDIR/share/emacs/VERSION will be deleted and a new one will be created;
2. Info files in PREFIXDIR/share/info will be replaced by new ones;
3. emacs (and etags, ctags, emacsclient...) in PREFIXDIR/bin will be replaced;
4. PREFIXDIR/libexec/emacs/VERSION will be deleted and a new one will be
created;
5. man pages in PREFIXDIR/share/man/man1 will be replaced?
--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao