Terminal size.

From: Dmitrii Kashin
Subject: Terminal size.
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:43:32 +0400

Hi!

I would like to start some console programs in emacs when I start my
emacs server. For this purpose I created this function:

(defun run-program (prog)
        (term (replace-regexp-in-string "\n" "" (shell-command-to-string
(concat "which " prog))))
        (rename-buffer prog t))

When I run this function using ielm interpreter, it works fine - start
program and rename buffer to the name of this program. Therefore I put
it into my .emacs config file with this string below:

(run-program "newsbeuter")

Then I restarted my emacs server. But when I switched to buffer
"newsbeuter" I revealed that it seems like newsbeuter is run under
terminal of size 10x6 characters.

And this problem appears only when I run emacs in daemon mode. When I
execute emacs just by 'emacs -nw' command -- everything works fine.

How can I solve this problem?

PS: I am using Emacs v23.4 from Debian Wheezy repository.

--
*  jabber:  freehck@jabber.mipt.ru   *