Re: How to use Quail Completion

From: Sofer Athlan
Subject: Re: How to use Quail Completion
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:07:15 +0100

Hi,

this is an old post, but I had the same issue today so I leave a
solution here for reference.

The problem appears somewhere in between emacs 24.0 and 24.1.  Some
shortcuts gained multiple mapping.  But the quail-define-package defined
in latin-ltx.el assumes that in won't be the case and set DETERMINISTIC
to t.  That's why it's impossible to choose between the characters.

My solution was to cup/paste the latin-ltx.el into another file and
define a new mode with only the definition redefined like this:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp

  (quail-define-package
   "MeX" "UTF-8" "\\" t
   "LaTeX-like input method for many characters.
  These characters are from the charsets used by the `utf-8' coding
  system, including many technical ones.  Examples:
   \\pi -> π  \\int -> ∫  ^1 -> ¹"

   '(("\t" . quail-completion))
   nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)

#+end_src

Now, I can choose between character (using 1, 2, ...) and it remembers
my choice for the next selection.

Regards,

--
Sofer.