Re: EPL licence for emacs extension distributed via ELPA.

From: kostafey
Subject: Re: EPL licence for emacs extension distributed via ELPA.
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:35:28 +0400

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:

> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#CommonPublicLicense10
>
>    This is a free software license. Unfortunately, its weak copyleft and
>    choice of law clause make it incompatible with the GNU GPL.
>
> So I'm not sure you can distribute it anywhere...

I've read about incompatibility of GPL and EPL. That's why I've asked this
question in hope of some exception for use external code as library.

> If the EPL piece is used as a library, you may need to read
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#FSWithNFLibs

It's just recommendations and nothing about distribution.

Maybe I need a permit from author of this library?

>> I haven't find licence demands for this repositories, but I thought that
>> all emacs-related code must be GPL.
> This has been asked a few times; I'm not sure I've ever seen a
> definitive answer. Ref eg

It seems, I can relicence the whole code to EPL in the last resort.