RE: recover file after crash

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: RE: recover file after crash
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 21:47:50 +0000

Agreed, this is not an every-day occurrence.

In my case, it is because log files I receive from customers sometimes
have a huge number of NUL bytes preceding the readable content.  This
leading, extremely-long line gets in the way of reasonable
responsiveness.

I also confess that I have not been keeping up with the current trends
in Emacs development.  Back when I started using EMACS [sic], it was
an excellent binary editor.  Apparently this is not a current
requirement, because it clearly is no longer useful for same.  Side
question: is there a GNU tool designed for editing binary files?

Cheers,
Mark