[Q] gnus for usenet *only*

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: [Q] gnus for usenet *only*
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 23:34:24 +0100

Hi there,

regular MUA to handle my mailing-lists flow is really not suited for me
:/

Thus, I guess, I could go back using NNTP reader and try as much as
possible to read these ML there.

Well, naturally, my choice is to use gnus. Problem, I did not use it for
so long I do not even remember (at first) how to list groups from a news
server.

Well, I just wnat that: read news in gnus and thus I need to find the
right way to set things up.

Do you think, doing this in my .emacs could do it ?

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.free.fr"))

I really do NOT want to read or to send e-mail from Gnus (never. I spent
to much time customizing gnus years ago ;)).

Thank you very much

/Xavier

Note: this post has been sent from Gnus ;)