RE: invalid-function kbd on Emacs 24.2

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: invalid-function kbd on Emacs 24.2
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:02:42 -0800

> > > Unlikely: I tried both with 24.2 and the current
> > > development version, and didn't get the error either way.
> >
> > Did you try with a recent Haskell library?
>
> I don't understand what that means.  I loaded the latest haskell-mode
> and turned the mode on.  This was said to produce the error; it
> didn't.

I was guessing that the OP picked up recent Haskell-mode code somewhere
(official or not), and that it perhaps counted on a `kbd' function (not macro),
so it didn't do anything to load the 24.2 code that contains the `kbd' macro
definition - either at compile time or runtime.

Clearly, the error message indicates that a definition of `kbd' is being
expected at runtime, but is not available then.  I was just trying to work
backward from there.