Re: create new key prefix

From: ken
Subject: Re: create new key prefix
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:36:41 -0500

On 02/19/2013 08:20 PM Tim Visher wrote:
Hi Ken,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM, ken<gebser@mousecar.com>  wrote:
I've defined quite a few new keys over the years and so would like to create
a new key prefix.  I.e., I want to be able to define keys such as "C-c p s",
"C-c p m", etc.  So how do I tell emacs that (for all possible modes) I want
"C-c p" to look for the new key definitions.

 From what I've read so far, how this is done depends a lot on the particular
emacs version.  Mine's 22.1.1.

`(global-set-key (kbd "C-c p m") 'func-name)` doesn't work for you?
The caveat to that is that modes down the line can possible shadow the
binding. But that's easy enough to solve with `(eval-after-load…`
forms.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

Timmy,

Thanks much for the reply. I have almost no idea what you said, but it got me to try the code which I already wrote (which I didn't do before because I didn't think it would work, thought sure there was something missing). The code I already wrote and left sitting there untested for a couple-three hours... it works!!

Well that's a completely new experience for me.  B^D