Re: Any luck with the intermittent 10 second hangs on windows

From: C K Kashyap
Subject: Re: Any luck with the intermittent 10 second hangs on windows
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:54:48 +0530

I think the solution given here seems to work -

http://www.hydrus.org.uk/journal/emacs-netlogon.html

net stop netlogon

Regards,
Kashyap

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM, C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks,
Some googling led me to (setq w32-get-true-file-attributes nil) but that has an adverse effect on the file opening time. Is there a better resolution?

I noticed that on a newly imaged win7 I did not have this problem until I had to force reboot the OS once when emacs was still running (that;'s another long story...some other time maybe).

After the reboot, the hangs started occurring. I was wondering if a cleanup would help .... Are there any other files/directories than /Users/username/AppData/Roaming/{,emacs,.emacs.d}  that need to be removed?

Regards,
Kashyap