Does erase-buffer reset buffer-local variables to nil?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Does erase-buffer reset buffer-local variables to nil?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:35:42 +0100

Hi List,

I face the problem that I set a buffer-local variable in one function,
and find its value to be nil later on in another function. In between,
'revert-buffer' is called with a revert-buffer-function that uses
erase-buffer.

I experimented a bit, and during the experiments it seemed that
'erase-buffer' doesn't modify buffer-local vars. But then I don't really
understand how its possible to set a variable (even print out its value
in a message call) in one function, but find its value to be nil again
later on without touching it explicitly in between.

Any hints would be welcome.

--
cheers,
Thorsten