Re: Obsoleting Tramp methods

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Obsoleting Tramp methods
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:47:46 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

Hi Ted,

> I think it's a good thing, as long as the manual tells people what to
> do, and the error messages point people to the manual :)

There's nothing about the obsolete methods in the manual. Hey, this is
spring-cleaning!

But I have added the following mechanism in Tramp (at least for a
transition period of one or two years):

C-x C-f /ssh2::
  => Method ssh2 is obsolete, use ssh? (y or n)

Try the recent version from the repository :-)

> Ted

Best regards, Michael.