command-history-repeat used with query-search

From: Alan
Subject: command-history-repeat used with query-search
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 14:53:51 -0800 (PST)

I was frustrated that when I wanted to repeat use of "query-search" in a
buffer, using "list-command-history" and "command-history-repeat" (bound to
"x"), I wasn't able to watch the stepping through the buffer of interest, being
asked each time if I wished to make the substitution and seeing the line of
code that I was being queried about.

I decided to modify function "command-history-repeat" so that I could watch
"query-search" operate.  My elisp skills needed some exercise, so I did so.

After writing the modified code, I did a search to see if anyone else had done
something similar.  I didn't find anything.  Please comment if I overlooked
something.

I am using

GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2012-08-28 on MARVIN