About the `cursor' property

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: About the `cursor' property
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:45:47 +0800

In (info "(elisp) Special Properties"), there is a `cursor' property.

It says that:

  `cursor'
     Normally, the cursor is displayed at the beginning or the end of
     any overlay and text property strings present at the current
     buffer position.  You can place the cursor on any desired
     character of these strings by giving that character a non-`nil'
     `cursor' text property. [...]

I had read through this node, but I still didn't know how to use this
property.  I tried "(add-text-properties 1 5 '(cursor 2))" in
*scratch*, but the cursor didn't move.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao