call-interactively 'query-replace and 'isearch-forward

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: call-interactively 'query-replace and 'isearch-forward
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:54:20 +0100

Hi List,

I call-interactively 'query-replace and 'isearch-forward in a program,
and the former works as expected (ask me for input), the latter not
(just make the window blink).

Trying the same calls in *scratch* buffer shows only a tiny difference:

,------------------------------------
| (call-interactively 'query-replace)
`------------------------------------

asks for input and moves point to mini-buffer, while

| (call-interactively 'isearch-forward)

returns t, asks for input (I-search: ) - but leaves point in the
scratch-buffer behind the returned t.

Is there a known problem with calling 'isearch-forward' interactively?
How can I make that work?

--
cheers,
Thorsten