Re: File Encoding Issue on Windows

From: Tech Stuff
Subject: Re: File Encoding Issue on Windows
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:11:44 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe I'm confused but I don't think that it's that simple.  I think that had I understood what was happening the first time I opened the file I could have reverted the encoding and I would have been okay.  However, I didnt and apparently I saved the files with the wrong encoding.  So now I think that I really have those incorrect characters.  At this point I'm just trying to figure out how to use global search-replace to fix the small number of files that have been corrupted, presumably by saving them in the wrong encoding.  So, for example, I want to be able to repalce all instances of codepoint 195 followed by codepoint 173 with a single instance of codepoint 233.  I can't figure out how to enter those codepoints into the search-replace mini buffer. I can't believe how complicated this has turned out to be.

Thanks again.

-ts1971