Re: email client

From: mohamed . hibti
Subject: Re: email client
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 03:43:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, March 22, 2013 11:06:08 AM UTC+1, mohame...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Customize message-send-mail-function to have the value
>

> > > 'message-send-mail-with-mailclient.  I also suggest to customize
>

> > > send-mail-function to have the value 'mailclient-send-it.
>

> > Thank you Eli for this answer,
>

> > I tried this on emacs 24.2, and it is not working.
>

> > May be I have some specific hidden customisation.
>

> Or may be it is more a notes problem
>

> when sending email it opens notes application but nothing else.

Fix it !!

Thank you both !!

Following your suggestion Eli I just tried to understand the
send-mail-function, and then found that it uses the
`browse-url-mailto-function' which needs some specific customisaition

(setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-generic)
(setq browse-url-generic-program "path/to/mailclient")

and it worked :)

Regards,
Mohamed