best gnu/linux distro for emacs

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: best gnu/linux distro for emacs
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 03:09:47 -0700

Many distros do not provide emacs out of the box.  Something of a slap in the face, and unexpected.  And annoying.  Various distros handle emacs differently.

I like the way Gentoo handles emacs, and I may reinstall gentoo in the future.  Arch worked farily well.  I would prefer to just leave it alone, pretty much, and tolerate compiling it oneself.

For now, what is the "best" distribution of GNU/Linux for running emacs?

Alan D