Re: best gnu/linux distro for emacs

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: best gnu/linux distro for emacs
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:14:03 +0100

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't use toolkits like Lucid and LessTif much, sorry.  There are many
> features that Gtk+ has but these toolkits don't.

such as? ...

I'm using Lucid because the daemon problem with Gtk, but AFAIR, apart
from some eye-candy, Emacs+Lucid is not missing any feature (modern open
file dialog, maybe? but who needs that?)

Oh, and the Lucid scrollbars are an accurate indicator of the position
and extension of the current view over its respective buffer.