[ANN] project-buffers.el

From: Steven Degutis
Subject: [ANN] project-buffers.el
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 11:36:33 -0500

https://github.com/sdegutis/project-buffers.el

Basically, gives you `next-buffer`, `previous-buffer`, `switch-to-buffer` and more, but limited to buffers that are in the "current project" (defined as an ancestor dir containing one of a defcustomizable list of files, like ".git", "Makefile", etc).

It's in MELPA.

Why didn't something like this already exist? The only reason I've heard so far was "it'll be too slow when you're editing remote files". Are there other reasons?

P.S. Sorry if this is showing up twice. I didn't see it posted at first, and figured it's because I ticked the "conceal email address" option, so it went overboard and concealed my email by just not posting my message.

-Steven