Re: [ANN] using-emacs - minimal emacs starter kit

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: [ANN] using-emacs - minimal emacs starter kit
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 00:41:57 +0300

On 2013-04-02, Steven Degutis wrote:

> https://github.com/pd/using-emacs
>
> This is more minimal than emacs-starter-kit and prelude. It's intentionally
> meant really to just be a skeleton with just a few defaults, and with the
> readme functioning as a comprehensive reference.
>
> Note: it's not on my repo, I handed it off to @pd since he's the only other
> person I know who uses emacs, and I couldn't stop editing it.

Please, use another lists for announces. You can found appropriate at:

                Emacs wiki about mail Emacs lists

This one is more suitable for your purpose:

                Emacs source code posts only.

Also your 'using-emacs' project is very MacOS oriented. And have a lot of
"Super" key binding, which doesn't available to MS Windows and Linux users
without extra configuration steps...

In any case simple query like this:

  https://www.google.com/search?q=my+dot+emacs
  https://www.google.com/search?q=inurl%3A.emacs

take a ton of .emacs files with ready to copy/paste code.

Also this page have links to .emacs of "well know" people:

  http://emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryDotEmacs

PS. My point that anyone can found high quality .emacs files through Emacs
Planet, Github, Emacs blogs, Google, etc

--
Best regards!