FTP to MS ftp server

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: FTP to MS ftp server
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 09:42:18 +0200

Hi,

It is regrettable that the ftp directory listing of MS ftp servers often
use the MS-DOS directory listing format rather than the standard unix
format.

It is much worse that Emacs does not understand that format. PathFinder
as well as ForkLift grok that format, so does FileZilla, FireFTP, Total
Commander and probably many others.

There must be other Emacs users that need to access such ftp sites. How
do they handle this? I really would like to access them from within
Emacs.

Is there any chance to see this 'translation layer' implemented by
Emacs?

Guido

--
Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why
several of us died of tuberculosis.

http://vanhoecke.org ... and go2 places!