Re: Is there an easier way to jump to the same word?

From: Damien Wyart
Subject: Re: Is there an easier way to jump to the same word?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:57:19 +0200

* "Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson@gmail.com> in gnu.emacs.help:
>    This is what I use:
> (defun current-word-search ()
>     "search forward for word under cursor"
>     (interactive)
>     (word-search-forward (current-word)))

I was about to point OP to highlight-symbol.el, but your solution seems
simple and elegant.

A few links anyway:

http://emacswiki.org/emacs/SearchAtPoint
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10373118/vim-like-next-previous-word-at-point-in-emacs