calling ert from a script

From: Richard H Lee
Subject: calling ert from a script
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 00:03:31 +0100

I'm using ert for unit testing currently.

I know you can call ert interactively to run all defined tests. When you do so tests pass and fail as expected.

I have a script that clears existing tests, reloads the file under test and the tests themselves and then runs the tests. The way I run the tests is by calling (ert t) . This is the same thing that is called when you call ert interactively.

However when I call (ert t) from a script, rather than passing and failing tests, it aborts at the first failure, not running any further tests. (And it returns with an eval error saying that the test failed.)

Can anybody tell me why this happens?