Better `eshell-previous-matching-input`?

From: Steven Degutis
Subject: Better `eshell-previous-matching-input`?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:56:50 -0500

The one thing I still find myself going to terminal+bash for is C-r, which is very interactive compared to eshell's built-in M-r. Is there a better version of this for eshell, something identical to what bash (er, readline) does with C-r?

And I'm looking for only ones compatible with eshell, as I'm not going back to ansi-term or term or shell.

-Steven