RE: Any way to make minibuffer questions more obvious?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Any way to make minibuffer questions more obvious?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:24:42 -0700

> In that case, are there any built-in functions or things that
> let me create a "pop up" window/frame/anything? Kinda like a
> windows dialog "Are you sure" box in the sense that it sits
> on top of everything else centerde in the screen, but still
> responds to my keys.

You can redefine or advise `y-or-n-p' to do anything you like.

`x-popup-dialog', `tooltip-show'/`tooltip-hide', `display-warning', `message',
`ding' with and without `visible-bell', fiddle with `ring-bell-function', open
36 yellow, red, and magenta frames that blink chartreuse fast and wobble around
changing size.  Whatever.

(x-popup-dialog t '("Help?! "
                    ("Yes" . 42)
                    ("No" . 3.14159265358979)))