Re: most up-to-date emacs packages for debian testing?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: most up-to-date emacs packages for debian testing?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:13:27 -0600

Tom Roche wrote:
> >> I expect that emacs 24 will be available in Backports at some point.
> >> Requesting it would probably help that to happen sooner.
>
> Where/how should someone make that request?

Send an email asking if someone would generate a backport to the
debian-backports@lists.debian.org mailing list.  Here is a web
reference to the area.

  http://backports.debian.org/

You are asking about Wheezy today.  At the moment that is Testing.
But that will release in a couple of weeks and then it will be
Stable and then the Backports area will apply to it.

> >> Perhaps you could ask the emacs.naquadah.org maintainers to provide
> >> an updated package?
>
> I was about to do that, then read http://emacs.naquadah.org/ :-) and did
> After some minor fiddling with my init.el and related load-files,
> I now have
>
> GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
> of 2013-04-10 on dex, modified by Debian

There you go!  :-)

Bob