Re: Warning (undo): Buffer `*Buffer List*'

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Warning (undo): Buffer `*Buffer List*'
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:29:56 +0200

Hi Tamas,

> Hi,
>
> After my Emacs has been running for a while, I get warnings like this:
>
> ----
> Warning (undo): Buffer `*Buffer List*' undo info was 12075571 bytes long.
> The undo info was discarded because it exceeded `undo-outer-limit'.

I wonder whether undo data in *Buffer List* is useful at all - I don't
think so.  ibuffer does (buffer-disable-undo) for its buffer list, and I
think the *Buffer List* should disable recording undo data as well.

With other words, I think this is just a bug, since *Buffer List* is a
read-only buffer.  Can you please submit a bug report (M-x
report-emacs-bug)?

Regards,

Michael.