Buffer switching hook

From: Miguel Guedes
Subject: Buffer switching hook
Date: 27 Apr 2013 12:50:33 GMT

Hello List,

I am writing a minor mode and as part of the requirements I need the
minor-mode to be aware of when the user switches to a different buffer;
something akin to `find-file-hook' but for buffers.

What is the best strategy to implement such a mechanism? I haven't really
looked into `pre-command-hook' as I'd rather just use a hook, if one is
available.

Miguel

PS: I've only just started learning (e)LISP so apologies if this is a
straightforward question.