Re: gnus gmail bcc question

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: gnus gmail bcc question
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:52:32 +0200

Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Guido,

> I always send a blind copy to myself in order to attach a specific
> label to my messages, e.g. send a Bcc: guivho+emacs@gmail.com to
> attach the 'emacs' label to that message and have it automagically
> appearing in my emacs maul folder.

I use Gnus gcc-self parameter for exactly the same purpose:

(setq gnus-parameters
      `((,(rx "nnimap+")
         ;; Place a copy of sent mail in the group I'm writing from...
         (gcc-self . t))

        (,(rx "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.mailinglists.")
         ;; ...except for mailing list groups
         (gcc-self . "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.Sent Items"))))

,----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") ]
| `gcc-self'
|      If `(gcc-self . t)' is present in the group parameter list, newly
|      composed messages will be `Gcc''d to the current group.  If
|      `(gcc-self . none)' is present, no `Gcc:' header will be
|      generated, if `(gcc-self . "string")' is present, this string will
|      be inserted literally as a `gcc' header.  This parameter takes
|      precedence over any default `Gcc' rules as described later (*note
|      Archived Messages::), with the exception for messages to resend.
|
|      *Caveat*: Adding `(gcc-self . t)' to the parameter list of `nntp'
|      groups (or the like) isn't valid.  An `nntp' server doesn't accept
|      articles.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo